Where do you want to go?
Whether you’re still in school, just graduated, graduated a few years ago, or never finished a degree, PROPEL provides a valuable opportunity for you to form relationships with successful professionals in your field of interest, helping you set and achieve goals that will get you where you want to be.
Why should I find a mentor?
- You will gain guidance, support, and hands-on experiences in the career you plan to pursue
- You will have a confidential, impartial sounding board for ideas, challenges, and plans
- You will get your foot in the door and establish a professional network
- You will develop your professional skills, such as effective communication and networking
- You will participate in a community of students and professionals, building your future network for career success
What does PROPEL do?
- We match you with a mentor in your field of interest (we have mentors for the undecided as well!)
- We provide training for mentors and mentees
- We host mentor/mentee events for networking and shared learning
- We check in on all mentor/mentee relationships monthly to address any concerns and celebrate successes
Who can be mentored?
- Young adults 18 and up willing to take ownership of their career paths. It’s okay if you’re not sure what you want to do or where you want to be in five years, but you should be ready to dream big and then take action in the pursuit of your goals.
What will be required of me?
- Commit to engage with your mentor for a minimum of a year
- Meet with your mentor in person at least once a month
- Call/text/email your mentor at least twice a month
- Participate in two group mentor/mentee activities during the year
How do I apply?
- Complete the online application whenever you like–applications are accepted on a rolling basis. A staff member will contact you soon after you submit the form to schedule a brief interview. Don’t be nervous about the interview–we just want to make sure you understand the program requirements and that you will be able to interact professionally with your mentor.